Wednesday, April 10, 2019 – NEW YORK CITY
Welcome to New York!
Join us to discuss experiential retail solutions that will optimize your shoppers’ experience.
RetailNext Beyond is coming to New York City! Join store operations managers, sales associates, retail marketers, and other retail professionals as we discuss optimizing the shopper experience. Learn how you can empower retailers at every level of the enterprise by going beyond.
To register teams of 4 or more please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn the top trends impacting retail.
- Data will drive in-store decisions
- Deep learning will become more sophisticated
- Brick-and-mortar stores will continue to flourish
How data and analytics can improve the shopping experience.
- Determine effectiveness quickly
- A/B test and implement adjustments
- Make continuous improvements
Best practices for retail and the use of data.
- Optimize for growth and sales
- Understand the full shopper journey
- Test and measure new store concepts
Angela LarchDirector of Store Operations - Destination XL
Angela utilizes 20 years of experience in retail to act as a liaison between field teams and the corporate office. Angela started her career in retail as a store employee while earning a BBA and an MBA. This experience working in stores helped her learn the value of providing store teams with the right tools…Read More
Rachelle BensonTraining and Development Manager - RetailNext
Rachelle Benson’s retail career kicked off as a service lead at Burberry’s Santana Row (San Jose, California) location. This experience prepared her to gain momentum in the retail marketplace and build her managerial skills. After spending 15 years in five different locations with the global luxury brand, Rachelle’s proven abilities to drive store performance through…Read More
Lauren BitarHead of Retail Consulting - RetailNext
Lauren Bitar began her retail career as an assistant buyer in the executive training program at Macy’s. Her experience in merchandising and planning mixed with management consulting and store operations further fueled her retail passion. Lauren received her MBA from Wharton in 2012 and returned to her hometown of Miami to work for Eberjey. Where…Read More
Bridget JohnsCMO - RetailNext
Since joining RetailNext in 2009, Bridget has played a critical role in creating, managing, and expanding RetailNext’s position as the market leader in analytics for the physical store. Under her leadership and guidance, RetailNext has realized triple digit sales growth year after year and now represent a customer base of over 400 retailers. Bridget has…Read More
Jim WardVP, Innovation & New Business Ventures - CBL
As a driver or change and innovation at CBL Properties, Jim has a successful track record in management, digital strategies, business development, customer experience, and technology. Recently, he has worked as CBL’s Vice President of Business Development, Marketing & Digital Strategies. In early 2018 he was named CBL’s Vice President of Innovation & New Business…Read More
Jack ShamoshCEO - Kid City
Jack received his education from New York University and continued education from Harvard Business School Executive Education. He is currently a board member of the Third Avenue Business Improvement District. Shamosh has been the CEO of Kid City/Youngland Corporation for over 10 years. Kid City is a chain of discount retailing of children’s apparel by…Read More
Mark GhermezianFounder & CEO - Fourpost
Mark Ghermezian is a seasoned entrepreneur and pioneer of retail technology and innovation. He has been instrumental in creating and instituting an entirely new category of CRM technology for marketers. Prior to Fourpost, he co-founded customer engagement platform Braze (formerly Appboy), which became one of the largest global technology players for marketers under his 10…Read More
Be there for groundbreaking presentations from leading retail enthusiasts
We look forward to sharing inspiring retail stories with you and your team. Retailers and retail experts will be speaking on a range of topics from store operations to sales associate empowerment. Stick around after the presentations for networking and cocktails on us.
Schedule - Speakers Coming Soon
- 8:00am Registration / Networking Breakfast
- 8:45am Opening
- 9:00am The Changing Role of the Store Manager - How Data, Analytics and the Changing Customer are Impacting How Stores are Run
- 9:40am What Works - Understanding the Levers for Driving Store Traffic and Conversion
- 10:20am Networking Break
- 10:50am Reframing Retail: Evolution of Digital Natives as Retail Innovators
- 11:25am Connecting the Dots: Understanding how The Physical Journey is Impacted by the Digital Experience
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm New Retail: A Discussion Exploring How Pop-up, Experiential, and Multi-brand Retail are Shaping Today's Consumer Experiences
- 1:45pm Using Advanced Analytics to Understand the Full Shopper Journey
- 2:30pm Networking Break
- 2:45pm Conscious Consumerism - Retail With a Purpose
- 3:15pm Hype vs. Reality - What In-Store Tech Really Matters
- 3:45pm Closing
- 4:00pm Cocktails & Canapés